I have not done a product review before, but I felt that I had to write one about a new sunscreen I purchased for my recent trip to Chicago over the Canada Day July long weekend (more to come about my trip highlights, so stay tuned!).
I am very conscious of the damage sun can do to my skin and am anal about applying it whenever I venture out into the sun for longer periods of time. Sunscreens are often very heavy and greasy. For this reason, it is important for me to use a facial sunscreen that does not feel heavy or cause a bad reaction with my skin. I could not even count how many I have gone through trying to find the perfect one, keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that the product will do what it claims. I always end up disappointed, until I tried Vichy Capital Soleil Ultra-Light Facial Lotion. I LOVE this product! For me (and everyone’s skin is different), I have found the Holy Grail of sunscreens. I will search no further!
What I like about it:
– It is super light, absorbs quickly, feels more like a lotion or moisturizer and it does not leave a greasy residue.
– It is ideal for oily and combination skin types. It did not clog my pores at all or cause any breakouts. This was a welcomed surprise as I have not had the same luck with other sunscreens.
– A little goes a long way, which means you will not have to re-stock quickly!
– It is great under make-up, making it ideal for every day use. It absorbed very well, I could not even tell that I had sunscreen on!
– I wore it over a course of 3 very hot sweaty days (varied between 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit), it did not run down my face or turn into an oily residue.
– The bottle is an ideal size for travel and packing light.
– It is SPF 50 and Paraben free
– The consistency is very runny, so you have to be really careful when squeezing it out of the bottle.
– I was a little disappointed by the size of the bottle given the cost (it is on the pricey side, I got mine on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19), but you really only need to use a little. I do not mind splurging on a skincare product if it delivers what I am looking for.
I hope some of you have found this helpful. Don’t forget to check back for highlights & tips from my trip to Chicago! 🙂
Have a great day and thanks for reading,